This app will enable you to decode an infant’s cries, coughs, and body language to know when they are ill or injured and if they require immediate medical care.
This app is perfect for every new parent, grandparent, babysitter, volunteer nursery worker, and professional childcare provider.
First Aid for New Parents will walk you step-by-step to enable you to:
- Know if your infant is ill by using the four-step “Infant Illness Assessment.”
- Decode an infant’s cries and know what cries signal your infant needs medical care
- Compare your infant’s cough with the audio samples found in the app. Know what cough requires immediate medical attention.
- After a tumble or fall, know the seven steps to identify a hidden injury and know what signs to look for.
- In extreme emergencies learn how to identify and treat infant choking, severe bleeding, and cardiac arrest.
This app walks you step-by-step using illustrations and eliminates having to read hundreds of pages of a textbook. Everything you need is distilled into two-dozen, intuitive, easy-to-understand, illustrated screens, augmented by video presentation and demonstrations you can view explaining care for an ill or injured infant. Tap on the video icons found on each screen of the app to view videos from the School of First Aid’s infant first aid course.
With this app, you have a complete infant first aid course and reference on your phone or tablet.