Give yourself, a friend or loved one the peace of mind that comes with this online course
- Know if an infant is injured or ill
- Learn how to treat infant common illnesses and injuries
- Know if your infant needs immediate medical attention.
New parents with an infant that is not feeling well often turn to Google searches attempting to guess what may be causing their child to be feeling ill. This online course, First Aid for New Parents eliminates the guesswork when attempting to decipher an infant’s cries, coughs, breathing and appearance when learning why an infant is acting ill. As infants grow and become more mobile, the potential for an accidental injury rises and parents and infant caregivers need to prepare themselves to treat life-threatening injuries and illnesses while they wait on EMS to arrive.
This course is different from other first aid courses. This course is specific to infants and the unique illnesses and injuries parents, grandparents and infant caregivers encounter. Unlike many first aid courses, this course does not rely on long, boring lectures and PowerPoint presentations.
Unlike most first aid books, it does not use pages and chapters of text and pictures to explain first aid concepts. The book blends lively, to-the-point presentations with easy-to-understand (and remember) graphics with video demonstrations.
In this course you will learn
- Decipher infants coughs and abnormal breathing sounds. Audio demonstrations within the course presentations will familiarize you with coughs and breathing sounds that require immediate medical attention
- Eliminate guesswork and uncertainty about illnesses are serious and require immediate medical attention
- The proper way to clean cuts and scrapes to prevent infection
- How to know if your infant has suffered an injury after bumping their head
- Five techniques to stop bleeding
This online course is excellent for
- New Parents
- Daycare professionals
- Church nursery volunteers
This course will teach you how to identify if an infant is ill and requires the parents to be notified or requires immediate medical attention. Help prevent the spread of contagious illnesses within a care facility or church nursery by knowing the signs and symptoms of common infant illnesses.
Learn more about the course here.